Friday, September 17, 2010

We ARE ENGAGED




We are engaged!!
I am Engaged to Ben Lang! Yeahhhhhh! I am so excited. I have met the man of my dreams and it has been worth the wait that is for sure. He is AMAZING. He is the most sincere, genuine, giving, fun-loving, hilarious, spiritual, and talented guy I have ever met who will dance with me, makes me laugh, shops with me, cooks for me and more importantly makes me the HAPPIEST girl ever I LOVE him! I was so SURPRISED when he asked me and I just keep playing it over and over in my head and want to re-live that moment over and over again. My boss at work told me on Tuesday the 14th I needed to leave work and go get "dolled up" and be ready at 4:00 for Ben to pick me up. The first thing that went through my mind, was this is it!? Could it be...I don't know...we haven't looked at rings, but he is all about surprises and if he is getting me out of work it must be something big. I immediately left and went and got all "dolled up" in a little black dress  and curled the hair...I even shaved. haha.. Ben was right on time with a dozen red roses and was all dressed up and smelled so good!! He took me to the roof and even on the way there he said, we need to go to OC Tanner and look at rings soon so I thought, okay it's not happening tonight :(. The roof restaurant is so good and I had only been there one other time when Spencer left on his mission. We had a great dinner together and had their amazing dessert that is so delicious. The server came out and I thought she would be bringing the check but she had this cute white plate full of Chocolate covered strawberries that are one of my favorites (there is a big joke in my family with CCS that I try to eat them all in one bite) and she said we prepared a special dessert for you upon request and I said "Oh how cute...that is so thoughtful I love strawberries" and she lowered the plate down and a ring box was open in the middle and I started freaking out! He got on one knee and asked me to marry him and I said YESSSSS! He placed the ring and everyone aroud us was clapping it was so cute. So many couples came to give their congrats and they were there celebrating their anniversary as well. Ben made the ring! Yes he made the band, it is beautiful and told me that we could go pick whatever setting I would like to place it in! I thought that was so sweet and so thoughtful and he is one for BIG surprises! I was just shaking and said we need to get out of here I need to scream it to the world! We got in the elevator and I started dancing up and down and screaming and hugging him it felt so awesome! I am geting MARRRIED. We drove straight to my Mom's house and no one knew besides his parents and he had asked for my hand from my Dad but didn't tell him when it was happening. Jordan was at my Mom's and he answered the door and I just had my hand out and he was so happy and my Mom wasn't home from work yet so we set up a plan to surprise her and hid in the bedroom and waited for her to come home. We recorded it and when she came through the door Jordan played this song I love by Carrie Underwood "Momma's song" and when it go the chorus I came running out jumping and screamed I am in engaged and hugged her it was so fun. We immediately started crying together it was so great! I am so thrilled to start my life with Ben and it's true I have never felt this way before where we just get along so well together and have so many of the same goals and are so the same in so many areas. He completes my dreams and I can't wait to celebrate with all of you. We hadn't talked about any plans so we don't have a date yet but Ben is wanting it soon! Oh my! Girls...get ready to plan my wedding. Haha. We are thinking November 19th or December sometime and will let you know! Let the planning and Fun Begin!  With love the soon to be Olivia Lang!

Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Lang
Isn't he handsome!
Ben's Beauitful Surprise!

Telling Mamma!! Her daughter is gettin' hitched!


Excited Brother!!

7 comments:

Brad Schvaneveldt said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! We actually went to The Roof the night we got engaged too. You will love married life :)

Nikki said...

Wow!! What a guy to surprise you like that!!!! I'm so happy for you, I would love to be involved in wedding plans, woo hoo!!!!!

Cami said...

yay liv! so excited for you! let's get together soon so you can tell us all about it!

Jer and Miss said...

so excited for you! Can't wait for the bachelorette party!!!

Anonymous said...

YESSSS!!!! Finally the deets! Love it! Love the ring, Love the strawberries, Love everything! Call me. I have a Wedding/Reception To Do list...you know me-total DORK! HAHA! It totally helped me and my sis plan the wedding, even while I was in Nauvoo! Can't wait...so excited!

Emily said...

Liv! Your post totally brought tears to my eyes... Seriously, what a great story. I just can't tell ya how happy I am for you two. Love ya!

Melissa said...

Liv, I'm so freakin excited for you. Ben sounds perfect! How romantic! I can't wait to come to your wedding:)