Monday, August 23, 2010

BHS 10 Year Class Reunion

Where does the time go!? I just went to my 10 year class reunion last week and can't believe it has been 10 years since HIGH SCHOOL! I have been graduated from college for 6 years now and that seems sooooo weird. It is almost scary how fast time goes. I was really looking forward to it and Ben was a great sport and came with me, which I think he now regrets. I was all over the place seeing old friends but I was so glad he came with me. We had so much fun and I was so sad because I forgot my camera. Becky came with us too and we pulled up to the Bountiful Community Center and the sign outside said "Golden Years Center" Welcome Class of 2000. We were dying laughing, way to tell us that we are getting old. It was at the old Nursing Home Center behind the library and we got a kick out of that...they were ready to admit us already I guess. The committee did such a great job decorating and making it so special. The food was so yummy and they had a slide show of old pictures and current. We had a raffle and had great prizes and contest. Kim won for the most kids and Lindsey Fisher won for traveling the farthest from Michigan. I think Jenny and Brent Carroll won for being married the longest and marrying someone from our class. It was so great to see everyone. More of you peeps needed to show up! Shannon Hendrix and her husband were so fun and Lindsay Graff, Aubrey Hansen, Sarah Morgan, Emmy Watanabe, Melissa Pace, Sarah Sorenson, Hailey Mckay, Tyler Knoles, Cody Olson, Colby Larsen, John Murphy, Steve Plowman...can you tell I was busy being Social Butterfly. I was so EXCITED because I had no idea that Mindy Smith was coming from Denver and she was there and I was so glad I got to see her! Thanks for all those who made the reunion so much fun. I was sad I missed the park the next day. I heard there were so many others that I wanted to see there. We had such a great time though and I am still talking about it to people.

I started reflecting from the last 10 years and all that I have done and my goals and where I want to be. I have met so many amazing people and have so many wonderful friends within the last 1o years who have impacted my life so much. I have traveled around the world and have had so many great experiences that way. I graduated from Utah State, bought a home, had my heart broken (by just a few guys haha), and have worked many many jobs where I have learned so much and met so many successful people who have influenced my life for the better. My testimony has grown so much throughout the last 10 years as well of the gospel and has played a tremendous role in my life in the decisions that I have made and in my happiness. I'm so grateful for it and for the amazing life I have had. I still feel like I am 18 though....I guess that is a good thing.  GO BRAVES!!!!

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

I'm so glad to finally hear about it. I hadn't heard anything on facebook or anything. Glad it was a blast!! Did they say they'll do a 15 year?

Nikki said...

You have been busy! 101 things to do this summer?! How fun, you guys have so much fun together! Glad I get to see a glimpse of it on your blog. :)

Melissa said...

Great post, you'll have to read what I said on my blog--ha ha about having it at the senior center. IT was so fun to see you!