Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Sweet Grandpa Frandsen


My Grandma Frandsen passed away this last month and I will miss him so much. It has been so great to be out in South Jordan and be closer to all of my family on the Palmer side. South Jordan is where both of my parents grew up and many of my mom's siblings still live in the area. My Grandma and Grandpa just live up the street from me so I have had so many great visits with them this past year and so many great memories through out the years. My grandpa loved music and played the harmonica at every chance he could. When I was little and would stay at my grandparents he would play "Mary had a little lamb" to me before I went to bed. He loves art and painted and I am so fortunate to have a picture that he painted, his favorite was landscapes. He loved the American Flag and our country and the freedoms that we enjoyed. He served in World War II in the Navy and I admire him so much for his bravery in allowing me to have the freedom I have today. I will miss his laugh, his warm hands, his kisses, and his words of encouragement. I love you Grandpa.

No comments: