Sunday, December 13, 2009

My First Christmas Tree!

My First Christmas Tree! What do you think? There is something about Christmas Trees and Camp Fires where I can just stare at them for hours. It makes our front room so cozzy! Shae and Becky and I decorated it this last week and we were pretty impressed with ourselves and we used odds and ends of Christmas ornaments people had given us and it turned out great. I'm ready for the holiday and just finished wrapping this weekend and now am just counting down the days till Christmas. This morning I went to the Music and the Spoken Word that the Tabernacle Choir put on and saw a mini version of the Christmas Concert they did this week. It was beautiful. Natalie Cole was so good. I took the girls I visit teach and after we made German Pancakes. It just got me that more excited for this time of year and all the new snow we are getting is just a bonus. I'm grateful for this time of year to reflect on those things that we are grateful for and the Spirit of Christmas and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We have so many great Christmas Traditions too that I am looking forward to. We Snowski on Christmas Eve and watch our favorite movie, Miracle on 34th Street, Read the Christmas Story and all sleep in the same room and wait for Santa and play games. Yes, I am still a kid at heart and love my Christmas Pajamas and I still BELIEVE!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Don't you feel so grown up having your own little tree & stockings?! I love decorating the house for Christmas, it just makes it so much cozier.

P.S. I love your Christmas traditions (all sleeping in the same room)..we go to my parents house Christmas Eve too, and then my Dad makes us line up before we go into the family room to open up presents.. ha ha, it makes me feel like such a dork!